People’s Republic of China
Dioxins Reduction from the Pulp and Paper Industry Project
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.:TF011898
Assignment Title: Summarization of BAT/BEP Demo Results and Development of BAT/BEP Guideline
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): CS-14
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has received financing from the Global Environmental Fund (GEF) through World Bank toward the cost of the Dioxins Reduction from the Pulp and Paper Industry Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include a) give recommendations to the four demo mills during their preparation and refinement of operation and maintenance manual; b) summarize and review the four demo mills’ implementation of BAT/BEP investments; c) review and evaluation of promising BAT/BEP measures to minimize generation and release of dioxins; d) develop the BAT/BEP guideline for dioxin prevention and control for the pulp and paper industry; e) cooperate with other activities in the project.
The Foreign Economic Cooperation Office, Ministry of Environmental Protection of China (FECO/MEP) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
1. The consultant shall be an independent legal entity (Expression of Interest will be rejected if the consultant isn’t an independent legal entity );
2. Successful experience in sector technical guidance document development;
3. More than five years’ experience in research on pulping process and pollutant control in pulp and paper industry.
4. Knowledge of the Stockholm Convention requirement and experience in POPs related project is preferred;
5. Preferably familiar with China’s pulp and paper sector;
Key staff of the consulting firm shall have the following qualifications:
1. Team leader: post-graduate degree or senior professional in a field related to pulp and paper production or environment management. Over 10 years’ experience in research on pollution prevention and control in pulp and paper industry; proved project management experience; excellent interpersonal capacity, familiar to Stockholm Convention.
2. At least two members with senior professional title in the team, and one of the team member should be fluent in oral and written English.
3. Pulp and paper process expert. Engineering degree in a filed related to pulp and paper production. Experience in feasibility studies and/or designing of pulp mills is desirable.
4. Environmental expert. Undergraduate degree in environmental engineering. Over 5 years’ practical experience in environmental management in pulp and paper industry in China. Experience on wastewater treatment in the sector is highly desirable.
5. Financial analyst. College degree in financial analysis. Successful experience in developing investment plans for construction and/or upgrading of pulp and paper mills in China is desirable.
6. Other staff members. The consultant may propose additional staff members with well-defined roles and responsibilities.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualifications (CQS) ” method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 (Beijing time) from Monday to Friday.
Zhang Caili/Song Boyu
No.5, Houyingfang Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100035
Tel: +86-10-82268581, +86-10-82268962
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 17:30 April 23, 2014.
Foreign Economic Cooperation Office, Ministry of Environmental Protection of China
Attn: Yan Wei
No. 5 Houyingfang Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Postal Code: 100035